Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Next Series....The Influence of Each Decade

This by no means will be definitive, but I thought it should be fun to walk through decade by decade the changes to golf architecture and what it meant to architects practicing today. The first post below is more informative than educational, but as I move forward, I will try show where architecture was shaped and by who. I’ve already discovered that a blog per decade will not work out and the next 10 years will be divided into America and the United Kingdom. I thought this perspective may be entertaining, but also informative to how much architecture is a layered learning process and how much we continue to pull from the past for answers even today. I will try interjecting more opinion and a little less fact as I go, so its not just pure history which you can get from books.

No comments: